Magento Forum

Database upgrade issues from 1.11.2 to 1.12.0.2 EE fails to reindex Product Prices

Scott Gulledge

Total Posts:  3

We are failing to reindex Product Prices. 
The symptom on the screen is that we are unable to add to cart.  The site blows up with a fatal error.

Here is what we have done:
We have done a clean install of 1.12.0.2 and an upgrade from our current 1.11.2 to 1.12.0.2.  After comparing the databases, we see a lot of differences.  It appears that either the db upgrade is failing OR not completing.

There is one table, particularly that we have noticed that may be contributing to the errors.
- catalog_product_index_price_final_idx

This table exists in both the upgraded db and the clean install db, however, all the fields that the clean install db has are NOT contained in the upgraded db.

We have scripted the table from the 1.12.0.2 clean install and recreated in the upgraded 1.12.0.2 db.  Reindex still fails.

I realize that you have given me the files diff files and the upgrade instructions.  We have obviously gotten through that.

I am left with two options at this point:

Option 1
Can anyone tell me how to rectify this issue or provide some details on the database script(s) used?
We are not getting much in the way of an error log.  If you can point me in the direction of where to find this info during the upgrade, that would be great.

Option 2
We could use the fresh install and move our content, however we will need a script, tool or method to get the DATA from the existing 1.11.2 db to the freshly installed 1.12.0.2 db.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

There could be an error in the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table where some of the entries were related to products that didn’t exist anymore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott Gulledge

Total Posts:  3

We have a guide from Magento on upgrading, but it is not working the way it should.
Is the best route to
1. install a clean copy of 1.12.0.2
2. install the extensions from the previous 1.11.2
3. import the directories (still not clear on which ones are needed as opposed to the ones recommended)
4. import the 1.11 database into the 1.12.0.2 db (because we have data and history that needs to move over, too)

OR

is the order of this operation wrong?

I need to understand the best path, because the one recommended from Magento Enterprise Support simply did not work.

Thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community