Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable products not saving :(

pdatoon

Total Posts:  107

Okie i have created a configurable product using a new custom attribute set.

I go to “associated products” and create a single product using the “Quick Create” form.

The saving is haging forever.

I reload the admin, go back to manage products and i can see the single product created anyway.

I go back to my configurable product, i try to associate the single product. Impossible. It doesnt save it.

Does anyone know how to get out of “Configurable Product” hell ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravie13

Total Posts:  30

Same problem here. Please help.

I have lots of shirts that each come in about 6 colors and 4 sizes. So I’ve made all the “simple products” for each size/color. Then I create the configurable product and associate it with those simple products and ..... SAVE LAG HELL.  It just hangs on a blank screen and never properly saves.  If I go to the product in the cart it is there but only with one color and one size (as opposed to the 6 colors and 4 sizes it should have).  Save And Continue works up until the point of associating products.

My last time I tried to create the simple products within the Configurable Object. Upon “Save and Continue” I received this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122881 bytes) in /home3/missscub/public_html/cart/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml on line 61

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravie13

I just upgraded to the latest release (1.2.1.2) and the configurable product actually saved!  But now I can’t edit it.  Clicking on the Edit button loads a blank screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ravie13

To anyone who finds this thread - the answer was that I had to increase the memory in the php.ini file located on my hosting account.

Once I increased the memory for Magento everything started working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

UGD

Total Posts:  22

Thank you for coming back to post the answer for the blank edit page! I have been trying to fix this for 4 hours now and completely frustrated. Finally found this thread! Thank you! ~Misty

Magento Community
Magento Community

andy_sim

Total Posts:  25

Hi there. Same problem for me. How much memory do I meed to specify? I seem to have 256mb set.

Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community