Magento Forum

Similar functionality to Mazuma site

chickensoup64

Total Posts:  1

Hi

I haven’t used Magento at all before, only had a small test play with the demo site and I’m liking what I see.

I’ve got a couple of questions about the CMS to gauge if it can meet my clients needs; the best site I can find with similar functionality I am after is Mazuma Mobile

So can Magento do the following:
Allow the “purchase” of products with no price?
Let a user complete the transaction process without having to pass through a payment gateway?

Essentially the site is required to purchase items from users, so there is no need for a payment gateway since the user will select items to sell, complete the checkout, then business admin will review and process the payment upon receivable of the item. This is why Mazuma Mobile has been the best example I have seen doing something like this.

Does anyone have an example of something like this they have done similarly?

Also, regarding hosting, what are the minimum recommendations you would suggest to have a decent user experience? I’ve had a look through http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements but like most specs it doesn’t mention performance. Can anyone provide advice on what specs the server should have at a minimum to get Magento to run smoothly? e.g. CPU, RAM, bandwidth etc

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

Here are the series of articles from our company intended for performance increasing of the Magento based stores:
Recommended Magento Server Configuration;
Magento Software Requirements;
Speed up Magento 2 times in 3 simple steps;
Using APC to speed up Magento.

You can speed up the performance of your Magento with AITOC Magento Booster extension. Magento Booster extension fully caches the pages and, without initializing Magento, provides your visitors with ready output that takes significantly less time to load. It also deflates the size of the JavaScript code on your website, which contributes to the faster page rendering. As a result the extension lowers the server load, which means your server can handle more visitors simultaneously.

AITOC is Magento software development since 2009. Having performed many custom eCommerce projects, we use our experience to come up with ideas for extensions. Magento extensions[/url] that can make a difference. We realize that when it comes to Magento, custom modules are essential for making your store stand out from your competition. We offer a wide range of Magento extensions. Here you may find Admin Tools, Revenue Drivers, extensions for better User Experience, and extensions that improve your Checkout and Navigation.

We provide semiannual free support and updates for Magento Modules. 30-days unconditional moneyback guarantee allows to test the modules and make sure you have purchased exactly what you need.

If you haven’t found the solution you need among the Magento extensions we offer, please contact us to suggest an idea or get a quote on custom work.

The latest extension developed by us is AITOC Server Load Monitor. Its FREE extension that allow you to monitor your Magento server load.

We recommend to purchase well known solutions from trusted hosting providers:
Simplehelix
Nexcess

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community