Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I connect a barcode scanner to Magento? 

dfaintuch

Total Posts:  1

Can I connect a barcode scanner to Magento so that I can scan the items that i receive from the manufacturer instead of typing them manually into Magento?
Thanks,
Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This feature is not currently supported with Magento out of the box and will require customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Try clicking on the search box at the top of your admin, or front end, then zap the code and see what happen…

Magento Community
Magento Community

blu42media

Total Posts:  32
Los Angeles, CA

We’d be interested in this functionality as well.  Anyone else have any experience with this?

We’re looking at some options and will post some results in the upcoming month or so.

-John

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Hi,

Just to let you know that we have developed a very intuitive barcode system that can make your Inventory Management easier.

Features included in our solution:
-Automatically generated barcode
-Universal standardization compatible with all barcode standards
-Ability to print barcode from Magento backend
-New RMA and Invoice form with barcode integrated
-Quick order information checking with scanner
-Flexible order statuses, easy to change through the shipping process

See more detail at http://saas.smartosc.com/resources/2011/02/x-barcode-inventory-management-for-your-magento-store-has-never-been-easier/

Many online businesses are using our solution. Contact me if you feel interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community