Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I’m in attributes hell! 

opacons

Total Posts:  15

I’m porting data from an old website to Magento and have hundreds of color/variation attributes that need to be moved over.

I’m looking for a way to import these but it appears only products and customers can exported/imported en masse via CSV/XML. Is this true?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

If you need to add a lot of attributes (with their values) only the first time, why you don’t work with the database.
For example, if you got a fresh install, you can make this to add color values:

INSERT INTO eav_attribute_option(option_id,attribute_id,sort_orderVALUES (1,75,0);
INSERT INTO eav_attribute_option_value(option_id,store_id,valueVALUES (1,0,'Your color');

And if you need a new attrbiute, take a look at this tables:
- eav_attribute
- eav_entity_attribute

Once you got your new attrbiute, you can apply the first inserts (cahnging some values).

Magento Community
Magento Community

JBlogg

Total Posts:  16

If you can use something like phpMyAdmin (which is what i use but any SQL manager should work) export the tables reqired then re import them to your new install!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community