Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
CSRF change = Completely broken admin panel

darryla

Total Posts:  52

stelio - 27 February 2009 08:08 AM

WTF!!!!!!!!!

It not only broke the admin panel but the whole site is down.
I tried changing the local.xml back to the original version, nothing.
I tried clearing the va/cache directory, nothing.
I tried clearing my browser’s history/bookmarks/passwords/etc, nothing.

About the only thing that has any kind of affect is removing the local.xml file, then when I visit the site it acts as if though Magento was never loaded and wants to start a new install.

Stelio

Yes, if you remove local.xml Magento thinks that a new installation is required. If you follow the link I posted above and go through the instructions it should work out fine. Or try what the previous poster did.

Best of luck smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

R2D2

Total Posts:  4

Yes, that’s right. You can access your magento database (DB) with phpmyadmin via browser.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theelman

Total Posts:  29

Hi R2d2,

Im in PHPMyAdmin,

but how do i do this?
a) Search for admin/url/use_custom and set value as 0.
b) Search admin/url/custom and set value as 0
c) Erase 2 latest values added in this table: unsecure/base_url and unsecure/base_url (with scope = “stores”).
Those two lines are created when setting “Use custom admin URL” from control panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R2D2

Ok… First you must to find the “core_config_data” table. Inside that table, you must to find those values. In my case, those values was almost at the end (page 7). And the two last lines was in pag 8 of the table (last two values). The position inside the table of those values can change. It depends on what modules did you installed in you magento store. Check inside the table with patience until find them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theelman

R2D2 YOU ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!  I WANT TO KISS YOU AND MORE!!

Seriously thank you so much!! You dont know how much I appreciate it!  So thank you!  I can sum up my happiness with this face.. tongue rolleye
If you ever need anything give me a shout!

THANKS AGAIN!

the serious question is when will Magento people learn to test things. If a critical error like this is so easy to do, why do they throw it in our faces on the admin panel like its the end of the world if we dont update! How many times is this going to continue happening?

Just thank goodness for people like R2D2. Say hi to 3PO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

R2D2

Hey theelman i´m very glad that worked to you too… grin

What you said is true, Magento is a script with really huge potencial, but has a lot of bugs yet. That’s the problem, either you have enough money to buy a private software or you must fight with troubles and bugs of free ones. That’s it.

Best regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theelman

Just annoys me that the creators dont test things. They just say Update to 1.3.45.6. Then you update.. 10% work, everyone else is screaming.. why dont they try it on loads of configs.. they must do a bit but just dont shove it in our faces until they can be sure.

This is what annoys people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xitch

Total Posts:  54

This worked fine for me, when i remembered to change from index.php/admin to index.php/new_name_thingy (and no that’s not it wink)

I litterally disabled the caches from the admin panel, changed the local file, deleted the old local file and put the new one in and then changed the /admin to the new /newthing.  just the same as before… with the same bugs that i still need to sort out!  lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anais

Total Posts:  14

I contacted a freelancer for restoring my Magento website and now he proposed me to sign up for one of his Magento upgrading packages.
I don’t need other hell days trying to find out what I did wrong.
try it, maybe will help you too:
assistance

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anais

Total Posts:  14

And I forgot to mention that he and his team are serious people. Maybe a mail to him would help too.
Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickracecar

Total Posts:  2

Thank you, R2D2!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajmiller

Total Posts:  20
Templeton, CA

R2D2 - 27 February 2009 10:10 AM

I made exactly the same “mistake” theelman did. I solved it following this:

1) Restore the name admin (app/etc/local.xml) in <frontName><![CDATA[admin]]></frontName> just like it was originally
2) Go to database and find table “core_config_data”. On this table:
a) Search for admin/url/use_custom and set value as 0.
b) Search admin/url/custom and set value as 0
c) Erase 2 latest values added in this table: unsecure/base_url and unsecure/base_url (with scope = “stores”).
Those two lines are created when setting “Use custom admin URL” from control panel.
3) Erase content of “cache” folder in var/cache
4) Erase content of “session” folder in var/session
5) Erase cookies of browser
6) Try now your usual admin panel URL (i.e. http://yourdomain.com/admin)

I followed the directions that R2D2 laid out but in ver 1.3.2.2 found a couple discrepancies with the new version.

got to Step 2-c) and found them listed in the same table under web/unsecure/base_url (with scope = “stores")

Other than that, everything worked as described.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hamedm

Total Posts:  2

I did exactly the same way as what R2D2 said, and it works perfectly. Thanks buddy you saved me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

renzito

Total Posts:  5

R2D2.. My god.. You saved me!! tnx…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2