Magento Forum

Magento in a Joomla 1.0.X wrapper? Questions…

dax702

Total Posts:  77
las vegas, nv

Hi, I have no interest in upgrading to Joomla 1.5, but I do like Magento.  Has anyone here tried to run Magento in a wrapper? It looks like it might work out ok, but in my full width wrapper, Magento is wider than my site and thus creates a horizontal scroll bar.  Can someone tell me how I can make the width of the Magento store fit within the width of my site? Here’s a link:

http://tinyurl.com/2hhkhz

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

thats not a wrapper..as far as i can tell you just stuffed it into an iframe? either way just play around with the css to make it shorter if thats what you really want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dax702

las vegas, nv

Yes, it’s a wrapper created through the Joomla menu options.. A wrapper is an iframe as far as I know.  But that’s what I’m asking. I don’t know CSS hardly at all, so I don’t know what file to edit to make the whole width of Magento fit into the width of my template… Can you help with that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jomaco1

Total Posts:  2

Please…

The thought of running magento inside an iframe just to make it look like it’s integrated is absurd. The time you waste setting it up will only work against you by guaranteeing that no one will take your site seriously enough to actually buy something.

If you have a thriving business that needs an online ecommerce solution, hire someone to set it up right so you can get down to the business of selling.

If you are just a hobbyist and thinking about trying to sell some stuff online, put it off long enough to learn the skills you need to build it properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

I think your best option is just to run Joomla and Magento side by side and make your templates/css match.  Anything else is overly complex and asking for trouble, you know?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Punani

Total Posts:  76

@ dax: follow the instructions iin thru this site: http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=86699

it helped me so i hope it helps you

greetings

Punani

Magento Community
Magento Community

dax702

las vegas, nv

That’s odd, I stopped receiving notifications of replies, good thing I checked.. Yes, I agree that it isn’t “right” to just have Magento in a wrapper within Joomla. But I have not seen anyone talking about integrating Magento with Joomla 1.0.X, only 1.5. I have zero interest in upgrading to 1.5.. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire someone to do it right but how can it be done without a wrapper and without an actual Magento Joomla component? Yes, I’m a beginner as you probably noticed..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community