Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

URGENT HELP PLEASE

psychosonicsid

Total Posts:  15

Hi, Okay so I am muppet......

I have just changed the URL in the Configeration > Admin section to a new location - and all i get is a 404…

I cant re log on because it wont let me - so now I can get in the admin section at all.. Any ideas how i would reset this??

The store is live so I cant process any orders until resolved - yeas I know I am a muppet....
Many thanks
Psychosonicsid

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

l781

Total Posts:  109

see here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27272/

Magento Community
Magento Community

psychosonicsid

Thanks for this - but the thread means nothing to me… sorry.

All of my admin based URLs have been prefixed with a new URL that I, in error, stated in the admin>configeration>admin tabs.

All I want to do is remove the prefix and reset it to the pre ‘muppet’ stage of my life.
There has to be a simple way of removing it - isnt there.... PLEASE!!! Beg grovel, beer tokens are available....
Kevin

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

what about going into the database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

psychosonicsid

Thanks for this - that is exactly what I have done - my problem was which tables to start looking in - but thanks to the help of various who posted on http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/15145/P15/ I have cured the problem.

For the record if anyone from the Magento team happens to stumble across this post - this feature is dangerous. Please put a warning on it!!!

Many thanks

Former muppet Kevin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community