Magento Forum

Scrolling Product Slider

redcoder

Total Posts:  17

i was doing that because the original path is not working, but even after changing also not working..
I mean I use both with cu3er/images ... and images/ path but no luck

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

redcoder

Really strange…

I realised everytime I copy and paste the code in the static block, the codes changed after saved.. I paste it with Editor Hide.

BEFORE save:
<script type=\\\"text/javascript\\\" src=\\\"{{skin url=\\\’cu3er/js/swfobject/swfobject.js}}\\\"></script>

<object classid=\\\"clsid:cu3er.swf\\\" codebase=\\\"http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0\\\" width=\\\"960\\\" height=\\\"360\\\">
<param name=movie value=\\\"{{skin url=\\\’cu3er/cu3er.swf\\\’}}\\\">
<param name=quality value=high>
<param name=\\\"wmode\\\" value=\\\"transparent\\\">
<param name=\\\"id\\\" value=\\\"slider\\\">
<param name=\\\"FlashVars \\\” value=\\\"xml={{skin url=\\\’cu3er/config.xml}}\\\">
<embed src=\\\"{{skin url=\\\’cu3er/cu3er.swf\\\’}}\\\” quality=high wmode=\\\"transparent\\\" id=\\\"slider\\\" FlashVars=\\\"xml={{skin url=\\\’cu3er/config.xml}}\\\” pluginspage=\\\"http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash\\\" type=\\\"application/x-shockwave-flash\\\" width=\\\"960\\\" height=\\\"360\\\">
</embed>
</object>

AFTER saved:
<p>
<script src=\\\"{{skin url=\\\’cu3er/js/swfobject/swfobject.js}}\\\” type=\\\"text/javascript\\\"></script>
<object id=\\\"slider\\\" width=\\\"960\\\" height=\\\"360\\\" data=\\\"skin url=\\\’cu3er/cu3er.swf\\\’\\\” type=\\\"application/x-shockwave-flash\\\">
<param name=\\\"quality\\\" value=\\\"high\\\" />
<param name=\\\"wmode\\\" value=\\\"transparent\\\" />
<param name=\\\"FlashVars \\\” value=\\\"xml=skin url=\\\’cu3er/config.xml\\\” />
<param name=\\\"src\\\" value=\\\"skin url=\\\’cu3er/cu3er.swf\\\’\\\” />
<param name=\\\"flashvars\\\" value=\\\"xml=skin url=\\\’cu3er/config.xml\\\” />
</object>
</p>

Magento Community
Magento Community

redcoder

hi mikkel27,

is it possible you copy and paste the static block code in an attachment ? it seems like the <params> variable is not closing properly especially the single quote after the {{skin_url= ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

redcoder

After struggling for whole day, finally I manage to get the cu3er working in my site http://www.onlineshopleader.com/magentotest . ..

I just follow mikkel27 steps, but replace the skin url with the full path ..
Thanks mikkel27..

But one thing may be any one of you can tell me why I get a red color at the right bordor of the image everytime I click the arrow button ... how to get rid of that red color?

Solved the red border : It is because the width of the swf must be the same as the image width..

Magento Community
Magento Community

DvornukVladimir

Total Posts:  18

Hello, here is awesome extension to make slide fast and easy,
check this to see all awailable features.VSlider

Magento Community
Magento Community

DvornukVladimir

Total Posts:  18

Here is upgraded slider extension, wich you can use for slide any content you want,
it can be banners, html, video etc, enything you want..
And you can easy put this slider to any place in magento.
Check this Vslider

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

The jCarousel worked a treat for me - page 1. Took me ten minutes to get my category pages doing it properly. Styling is taking a little longer…

Magento Community
Magento Community

prateekgupta
Guru

Total Posts:  539
India

hey,

I have done a very good category product slider. It works as a an awesome treat..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marketiger

Total Posts:  46

prateek gupta. - 25 October 2010 10:39 AM

hey,

I have done a very good category product slider. It works as a an awesome treat..

.. Then why don’t you tell us how to get it? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

tylerg83

Total Posts:  21

I installed this just how mikkel27 said to and it worked perfectly, even in Firefox.  After trying to change the static block to a different size in the static block and reloading the page nothing works.  I changed everything back and even reinstalled everything and now nothing works.  I also only just get a red box with the cuber loader.  Any help here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Boldbaber

Total Posts:  25

<script type="text/javascript\" src="{{skin url=""}}cu3er/js/swfobject/swfobject.js"></script>

Why you guys adding above file inside the static block? i think we need to add it inside the page.xml like this

<action method="addJs"><script>lib/swfobject.js</script></action>

I.m sure it will help someone.

5 Best Magento Image Slider Extensions

Magento Community
Magento Community

Workwell

Total Posts:  63
London

Sooo much talk of sliders. It seems that one of the better looking sliders is the one used on the magento connect website (the ‘nice and easy-to-use’ old version).

Does anyone know anything about it? The tags within the code refer to “mc-scroller” and “mc-featured”.

Image attached.

Image Attachments
mc-scroller.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajaxme

Total Posts:  7

very good, thank.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manish3542000

Total Posts:  5
New Delhi

Hi,

Have a look on this extension.I think it will serve the purpose for you.Its not exactly what you need but certainly very close.

It has many other features that you would like to have a look on.Its not that costly too.You can have a look on it here.

http://www.irzoo.com/index.php/magento-professional-extensions/category-slider.html

Regards,
Manish Mehta

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webtex

Total Posts:  219
Minneapolis, USA

Hi,

Using our extension you can display product slider wherever you need. Please check it out. “Featured Products Slider”

Reagrds, Alex

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community