Magento Forum

Empty FrontEnd

NLF Software

Total Posts:  2

Hello All,

I have read a lot of documentation about installing Magento and the system requirements, but I’m unable to solve the problem.

I have an ubuntu (7.10) desktop that is my development server, I installed magento and after install the back office works fine, but in the front office I only have the right column with publicity, no menus, no catalog… even if I create a product and a category in the back office, it don´t appear on the front office.

Any Idea?

The magento version is magento-0.7.15480.zip

Best regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

that is how the default installation is supposed to be like. if you want a sample data, downoad it from here : http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/magento-0715480-available-for-download/ (sample data section)

and sounds like you’re either not creating the categories under the proper area (root catalog) and/or you’re not specifically selecting a store for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NLF Software

Total Posts:  2

I’m downloading now the new file, about the root catalog, for what I understand of your words I can’t have 2 deferents roots catalogs?
Well perhaps What I need now is the administrator manual smile can you tell me where I can get one?

Best regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

JazzcatCB

Total Posts:  24

Beware: if you import the sample data AFTER you install Magento, it will overwrite your admin user(s). You must import the sample data first, then install Magento. Also, you may have to refresh your cache to see your new sample data. Use System > Cache management > Refresh all cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community