Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Some Template Hints won’t turn off. 

ScottSt

Total Posts:  52

I opened up Magento today to do some dev work, same as always. I had Template hints on, but decided to turn them off so they wouldn’t futz with my design. I popped in as always, turned off the hints and…

Well, MOST of the Template Hints dissapeared. The “Header” and “Footer” template hints are still showing. I’ve toggled the option on and off a few times and these two won’t dissapear.

Thoughts?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ScottSt

Total Posts:  52

These Hints vanish if I don’t display the Header or Footer- It’s like they got “Turned On” inside the block itself and now can’t be shut off. Help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Maybe turn off cache and delete everything inside /var/cache ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jon Livingston

Total Posts:  14

Happened to me as well. When I turned off “Hints” most of the hints turned off, but the one around the footer didn’t.

Cleared browser cache with no luck. I then went in and refreshed the cache - that didn’t help either. Finally, after disabling cache again (system/cache management) and saving the hints disappeared.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Distantskunk

Total Posts:  5

Jon Livingston

Thank you.  Your solution worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community