Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I hide customer’s telephone number on Shipping PDF? 

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

I’m using window envelopes with my packingslips to ship small, flat orders, and I’ve got everything formatted correctly to align, but alas: I can’t seem to set it up so that the telephone number (and when available, email address) won’t show through the window as well. Customers aren’t going to want their phone numbers and email addresses visible on the outside of their order envelopes! I’d like to just remove this information from the Ship To: address on the PDFs. Can I do this? Where does the code exist to set up the format of the addresses?

Thanks very much in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

subesh

Total Posts:  145

Go to..Mage/Customer/etc/config.xml..... and about line #138 you will find <pdf> that is used to get the address format… change is as you want....

Magento Community
Magento Community

l781

Total Posts:  109

@ subesh - maybe you can provide more detailed information or paste your code example??

i tried several times - but cannot add Company ID and VAT fields to PDF and HTML… :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky P

Total Posts:  93
Devon, UK

I also want to remove the telephone number from the packing slip PDF, but altering theat config.xml doesn’t have any effect.  Is there something else I need to do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dannyherian

Total Posts:  2

Vicky H - 04 March 2009 11:56 PM

I also want to remove the telephone number from the packing slip PDF, but altering theat config.xml doesn’t have any effect.  Is there something else I need to do?

Hi Vicky, you need to delete line 149 {{depend telephone}}T: {{var telephone}}{{/depend}}| from app\code\core\mage\customer\etc\config.xml file and then refresh your cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky P

Total Posts:  93
Devon, UK

I have that working now thanks.

Is there a way to only print the name of the country if the country is not the UK?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community