Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customising Design

Cargo

Total Posts:  1

I am in the finishing stages of proposing for a client project, it is a UK based (high-end) gift shop..

I want to design and built my own XHTML and CSS templates, then plug Magento into these custom designed templates. I have good knowledge of XHTML and CSS and have used Expression Engine before…

Should I have any problems? (e.g. will I need to produce any custom PHP coding to do this, as I am not a PHP programmer)

The e-commerce / website requirements will be - products with multiple images per product, shopping cart, wish list, checkout and the ability to export to Quickbooks (which I am purchasing Atandra T-HUB for).

I also want to handle all my transactions without the customer leaving the website, and for this will purchase an SSL certificate and sign-up with Protx… should any of this be a problem?

Any feedback or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
G.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

You shouldn’t need but a very basic understanding of PHP to implement a design into Magento:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide

Everything else you’ve listed Magento can do out of box.

hope this helps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community