Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Quick attributes or configuring? 

banterling

Total Posts:  1

I have about 100 shirts that all have the same color options and size options. I currrently use an old version of cubecart and one thing I really like about it is the ability to use the ‘quick assign’ for product options. It works like this: you set all the options individually at first eg color: red, color:blue, size:small, size:large etc Then you set the options for one product individually eg say the Retro shirt, and then after that you only need to select ‘retro shirt’ and the new shirt to clone all the same product options. So I wondered if Magento has this as well, or something similar where you don’t need to set so many product options for each individual shirt especially when all the options are the exact same.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

A workaround is to export the products to excel and then add new rows, complete with skus that make sense, e.g. formulas for basesku+size+colour.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community