Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change magento folder’s

kopax

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I have made a big mistake for helping a friend moving his website.
At first the website was on www.touchmods.fr/magento , i advice him to move his magento in the first website folder for being more “pro”

But it doesn’t work, now the website is broken, and i tried to fix it but i can’t, the php code and the database is so big.

Do you have a tutorial to do that?

Please i can’t sleep.

Cordialy,

kopax

EDIT : by the way, i’m on a linux host, but i only have a ftp and phpmyadmin access.
I can’t access the /etc/apache2/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

renulren

Total Posts:  19

Hi, i think there are 2 steps in doing that:
1) go to your phpmyadmin and edit the values in table core_config_data. browse the table and you should find two rows called web/unsecure/base_url and web/unsecure/base_url .you must modify the “values” column belonging to those two rows from http://www.touchmods.fr/magento to http://www.touchmods.fr
2) delete the contents of the var folder.
I’ve tried it on localhost and it worked perfectly, i’m waiting for your feedback, good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kopax

Hello, thanks for your answer.

It work great, but now, when i try to edit something in admin panel, i have sometimes (random) error :

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error 
or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administratorpostmaster@www.touchmods.fr and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I don’t have access to the serveur log, i will try to find it but it’s not 100% sure.

The website is very slow since i move it up on the ftp.

Do you have an idea of what happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community

renulren

Total Posts:  19

I guess it has something to do with the hosting, my localhost “moved” installation seems to work perfectly, no errors, so you should find a way to acces your server logs or talk to your hosting company.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

try to access your admin using your server ip address instead of the website name.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roshan.konda@javra.com

rename the file app\etc\local.xml and it will reinstall all and you will have fresh copy then update the database with your exisiting sql files please make backup of all the files and sql files before going with any process

this error is definalety the htaccess error

Magento Community
Magento Community

zorine

Total Posts:  1

Hi

My magento progress is at http://173.0.60.38/magento/ But Now I have shifted to http://173.0.60.38/project/ with diff database.

But its redirecting to old url . i did steps
1. change value in core_config_data
2. delete cache.

Please help me

Bell

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

you should also remove everything in /var/sessions