Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Extra Field wholesale pricing

Marco k.

Total Posts:  9
the Netherlands

First of all brilliant job.

I’d like to see a extra field in pricing where you can specify the wholesale price. As not all of our products have the same markup the current discount based system is useless for us as far as i could see.

it should not to be to hard is it?

Keep on going,

regards,

Marco

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Marco- why not add another attribute for this and create a catalog price rule to reflect the markup?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marco k.

the Netherlands

Thanks for mentioning, Whow.. this goes deep..

so if i saw it right i can make a rule that the customergroep wholesale will have a markup rule of the costprice by the desired %.

i’ve been playing around in the demo for about two hours now, and looks there is no end of ways in configurations.

the only thing what i maight have overseen is a way to configure EU tax, as it goes by country. i’ll make a new post for it (after searching the forum wink)

Magento Community
Magento Community

lopsta.com

Total Posts:  145

a percentage rule is not suitable for wholesale prices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marco k.

the Netherlands

hmm, i tried to get a freehost to install magneto but it seems hard to get one with the requirements, anyone an idea where to get one? my reseller package does not have the req. config.

i tried some configs with the online demo, but i noticed that store and admin demo are seperated if im right.

i was already looking for a cluster / load balancing reseller package, and found one which maight suite, but runs on windows, what issues are known on windows servers running php5?

Thanks in advanced.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento-neil

Total Posts:  12

giselinde - 17 February 2010 07:00 PM

lopsta.com - 08 September 2007 03:53 AM
a percentage rule is not suitable for wholesale prices.

Why? Can someone explain this to me. I would like to setup a 50% off discount for all wholesalers and it is not working for me at all as well!!! Why, this seems so simple!

I think it should say “not suitable for everyone”.  Wholesale costs are rarely the same percentage of retail across a store.  Simple example ... standard wholesale discount on books and print is 40%, whereas gift items would be 50% (in my part of the world at least).  Also, we have some suppliers who have a lock of certain products and sell retail themselves and then offer us a stingy wholesale discount of 30%.

So you see whole wholesale pricing can be all over the place.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community