Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento for a zip code driven site? 

CANOW

Total Posts:  2

I have a heard a lot of great things about Magento; however, I’m not sure if it will be viable for a zip code driven website. Our current site is extremely outdated and we are looking to move to another platform.

Here is our site: http://mylocalpaper.com/

Our site provides discounted newspaper subscriptions. The front end of our site is simple; however the backend is fairly complex. Most of the templates I have seen are structured as “traditional online stores”.

How our site works: Consumers land on our homepage and simply enter their delivery zip code. The next page populates the newspapers available for delivery within the zip code zone and lists multiple offers for each newspaper. When the consumer selects an offer, they are directed to the checkout page.

Here are my questions:

1. The homepage must provide a zip code entry.

Q: Can this be integrated into Magento?
Q: Does Magento support this feature?
Q: If not, are there any scripts/themes available?

2. The offer page that displays the offers on our site needs to be presented in a table format. (ex. http://mylocalpaper.com/HomeDelivery.aspx?fzip=77019&source;=mlp&msid;=false&mlpmetro;=&movestopid;=)

Q: Does Magento support a similar feature?
Q: If not, are there any scripts/themes available?

Thank you for taking the time to address my questions.

Best Regards,
Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CANOW

Total Posts:  2

Does anyone have an answer?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community