Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Available Download

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

Hi I am currently working on a new Magento project that I am porting from OsCommerce. I was just explaining to my boss that I would need some time to analyze the db schemas and then write some scripts to import all the products from OsCommerce to Magento. Then, I went to google to see if anyone had done this before and documented their work. I discovered Varien had done the very thing, awesome.

Although I have read through the forum and can see that many have already worked with dataflow, I am reluctant to find a download. Can somebody direct me to a download, even if the prototype is still in beta. I mean, if it saves me some time I dont really care how immature it is, i would have to write one myself anyways.

Direction Please.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tman_f

Total Posts:  85

So I have done some looking around, and, now I am not sure what dataflow is. Is DataFlow an individual app, separate from Magento, that eases transfer? Or, is DataFlow a module that is already included in Magento that just needs to be activated or initiated? Maybe somebody could clear that up for me. Also, a little help on how to use it would be useful.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Greg

Total Posts:  53
Carmel, IN USA

If I understand it correctly, ‘DataFlow’ is built into Magento and is accessed via the Admin Panel.  I have not tried to perform any import/export activities yet, but Varien has built a certain level of capability to-date with more planned for v1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community