Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Make Basic Css and Content Changes to Demo Theme

capcar

Total Posts:  2

Greetings all,

I am a relatively new user of Magento and largely love it, by WHY is making changes to the skin so obscure?  Can someone tell me why I am unable to edit the sidebars or footer information of the Demo Version of Magento Community edition?  I’d love to remove the generic ads and copyright info, but there appears to no way to do this through the admin tools.

One thing that might explain my confusion… I am a Magento Go user who is switching to a self-hosted Community version.  In “Go’, there was a tab in the admin called Design, and I could modify the sidebars using this.  However, there is no such tab in the Demo store.  Is the presence of this tab driven by the theme?  In other words, do I need to load a new theme in order to be able to edit this info?

In the end, I’m only interested in changing CSS and content - I’m not trying to change functionality… can someone tell me where I can find a primer on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community