Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bug? related to Grouped Products and Related Products

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I have 3 sizes of lids for the copper cookware.  I put them in a group, creating individual simple product, visiblity nowhere per instructions.  It works fine.

What the problem is when I show a specific size stockpot, say 8.75in, I want the related product lid that is 8.75in to show up.  When I select this simple product, it will not show up as related product.  I can select the group and it shows up, but its really better to have only the size that fits, as the group does noe have an ‘add to’ tick box on it.

So I changed the 8.75in lid simple product visibiltiy to “catalog, search”,-- not sure if that would screw up the grouped product, it did not, but also thinking it would fix the problem and then show in related products for the 8.75in Stockpot. But it does not.

So bottom line is why can I not get this 8.75in lid to show as related product-- when the 8.75in stockpot is selected.  The fact that its in a group is preventing it?  Note that I have also a special higher priced 8.75in Acorn Lid, which does show up, as its an indiviudal product, not part of any group.

if you go here http://www.epicurecookware.com/ruffoni-copper/opera-product-line/opera/8-qt-stockpot.html
you will see the acorn lid is shown, but the individual lower priced same size lid is not showing, even though its “catalog, search” AND selected in Related products.  Hope this makes sense. Oh and yes I did put an order, 1 and 2 in the two lids.

A bug or moi???  Thx. Probably moi but it all seems right, its definitelyin my store this time. I have made that mistake a lot, not making sure I am in my store when editing.  Oh well. Maybe I will try redoing it, see what happens.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Hi Anna,

You had there same problem as you had before.
When you edit this product, you didn’t select your store in the “Chose Store View” dropdown
As a result you make this product visible in the default store and not in your store.

You have to pay attention to what store view is selected when you do editing to products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Lior - 12 February 2008 04:06 PM

Hi Anna,

You had there same problem as you had before.
When you edit this product, you didn’t select your store in the “Chose Store View” dropdown
As a result you make this product visible in the default store and not in your store.

You have to pay attention to what store view is selected when you do editing to products.

Hi Lior, I thought I was really very aware of that while I was doing this. I SWEAR I checked that as I have got burned enuf now, but I do see it is indeed working now.  I take it you did find I screwed up then and you fixed it?  I am very sorry to waste your time. I swear to gawd I checked for that.  Well its working now, I must assume you found I did indeed screw up again and fixed it. I am sorry to waste your time. You are very nice and helpful and I appreciate it.  I shall try to be more vigilant in the future so I don’t waste your time with my own silly mistakes.  Thank you very much.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community