Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add a surcharge to product, but only once! How to? 

culishop

Total Posts:  2

I’m currently finishing up our Magento installation after a 8 months (!) period of filling, designing and customizing. Finally! The systems works great, better then all the software I have ever worked with, and that includes SAP Business One.

Anyway, I have a interesting question. This is the case. Let’s say I have 4 different products in 2 different attribute sets:

Attribute set 1
Product A
Product B

Attribute set 2
Product C
Product D

I want to add an amount to the price of the product. Keep in mind that not all products from my database will get a surcharge. So a catalog- or a shopping cart price rule will not work, since (if I understand correctly) those options can only remove something from the price, whether it is from a cart or from a product itself.

The thing is though, I only want to add this surcharge once, no matter how many product there are ordered. For instance: the surcharge will bee USD 5. I will order 5 times product A, 3 times product C and 1 time product D. The surcharge will remain USD 5. Another example: I will order only 1 time product A. The surcharge is again USD 5.

Now, how do I create such a thing? Should I add an attribute ‘surcharge’ with my desired amount, and then work something out with a catalog price rule? Or do you have other suggestions?

Thanks so much!

And greetings from the Netherlands wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

They need to be created in the same way as Delivery, Discounts, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

culishop

Total Posts:  2

Could you maybe be a little more precise? What do you mean by that? Do I have to make another ‘shipping rate’ or something? But how can I make sure that they are only complicable to my selecte products. Mind you: not all my product will have this extra surcharge.

Thanks for your time!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community