Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Hello, problem with the start front index page block type catalog product category implementing, ul li listing failure, doubled listing

hugo23

Total Posts:  1

Hello

when I try to list the products of a specific category with the codebase
{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="7" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}
placed in the cms - > index home site - > content and the editor switched off when placing it.

the products are shown

BUT now the failure:

it also displays radio / ul li list buttons / dots that I didn’t place there or code there.
They appear at the left side above the picture, you can see it at the attachement picture. Also the list buttons beside the wishlist are doubled. I didn’t change anything in the code.

Do you know how to solve it? I also tried a fresh installaiton but there are the same mistakes.

In the categories it is listed normal, only when I use the cms pages there appears this failure.

I use Magento CE 1.7.0.2

Or how could I alternatively show some products on the start page without using the code above?

thanks a lot for your help
Andreas

Image Attachments
fehler.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

You should go to file skin\\\\frontend\\\\default\\\\default\\\\css\\\\styles.css, find the code .std ul { list-style:disc outside; padding-left:1.5em; } – expected on 452 line, replace it to .std ul { list-style: none outside none; padding-left:1.5em; }, - it will remove dots above the images.
Also, please, don’t forget to clear cache after the changes in the file.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community