Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Order History in My Orders

AdrianC

Total Posts:  10

Hi

When a customer goes into My Account and views My Orders it says that “You have placed no orders” even though this is not the case.

When we look at the customers information in the backend admin the order history is there.

It happens on different browsers, IE, FF, Chrome.

The orders.phtml in template/template/customer seems to be OK. I can’t find the appropriate file in the Code to view.

Can anyone suggest any pointers as to what I need to check or offer any solutions.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that this was working before we went live but can’t say for sure now!!!

Many thanks

Adrian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ecurtin

Total Posts:  48

Bump

Having this trouble too....I’m sure I remember it working now, but now I am not so sure it was!!!

I’ve tried changing the status of the order - pending, processing, invoiced, shipped, complete.....still no orders in my orders…

Think this is a major bug. I am using 1.1.6 so it might be fixed in a newer version. (which I am hoping to move to soon - I keep hoping all these little things I keep finding will be!) What version are you using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdrianC

I’m on 1.1.8,

I have replaced all the files I can find relevant to customer area in case of file corruption.

Have also compared the files and functions from Admin view to Frontend view and nothing stands out as something that should not work, not that I am expert.

Any ideas what else to check?

Thanks
Adrian

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdrianC

Hi

Think I might have cracked it.

in file:

\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Block\Order\History.php

Line 49

->addAttributeToFilter(’state’, array(’in’ => Mage::getSingleton(’sales/order_config’)->getVisibleOnFrontStates()))

I have commented this line out

/** ->addAttributeToFilter(’state’, array(’in’ => Mage::getSingleton(’sales/order_config’)->getVisibleOnFrontStates())) */

Seems to be working fine for me now. I have nto found anything else that is broken YET!!! Not sure what Visible OnFront States does but guess it is something to do with order statuses.

As a thought to the cause of this I have added all the order statues to be available, I can’t find the thread right now but I wonder if this may be a cause of the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecurtin

Total Posts:  48

Hi Adrian

Wow - that worked! I had done exactly the same thing in enabling all statuses....I think my lesson learned is to not modify any exisiting functionality, just create new stuff (if I can!)

Working great - I don’t know how you worked out to do that but well done & thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

pableu

Total Posts:  29

Hello,

I guess you are referring to this discussion.

The method described there has a flaw, it doesn’t use “visible_on_front”. I think that’s a new value that decides whether an order with a certain state is show in the frontend (so that you can, for example, hide cancelled orders).

So, what you have to do is the following: Open app/code/core/Mage/Sales/etc/config.xml and add <visible_on_front/> to the states you want to see in the frontend, like this:

<new translate="label"
  <
label>New</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </new>
  <
pending translate="label">
    <
label>Pending</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </
pending>

Remember to refresh your cache to see your changes grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

thank you!! I’ve been trying to figure this out forever!  editing out the line worked

Magento Community
Magento Community

darren1001

Total Posts:  1

pableu - 13 March 2009 12:50 AM

Hello,

The method described there has a flaw, it doesn’t use “visible_on_front”. I think that’s a new value that decides whether an order with a certain state is show in the frontend (so that you can, for example, hide cancelled orders).

So, what you have to do is the following: Open app/code/core/Mage/Sales/etc/config.xml and add <visible_on_front/> to the states you want to see in the frontend, like this:

<new translate="label"
  <
label>New</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </new>
  <
    <
label>Pending</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </
pending>

Thanksyou soo much smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

misulicus

Total Posts:  12

thank you pableu
workes perfect on 1.4.1.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

silverlinedev

Total Posts:  1

Hello after attempting the suggestions in this post the sales/order/history page displays no content related to the customer order history.

We’re using Magneto 1.6.0.0. Would there need to be an additional setting in place in order for customers to view their order history in 1.6?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

yun

Total Posts:  7

Hi Silverlinedev -
Did you find any answers to your question? I am experiencing the same difficulty. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrsjprice

Total Posts:  2

AdrianC - 05 March 2009 09:14 AM

Hi

Think I might have cracked it.

in file:

\app\code\core\Mage\Sales\Block\Order\History.php

Line 49

->addAttributeToFilter(’state’, array(’in’ => Mage::getSingleton(’sales/order_config’)->getVisibleOnFrontStates()))

I have commented this line out

/** ->addAttributeToFilter(’state’, array(’in’ => Mage::getSingleton(’sales/order_config’)->getVisibleOnFrontStates())) */

Seems to be working fine for me now. I have nto found anything else that is broken YET!!! Not sure what Visible OnFront States does but guess it is something to do with order statuses.

As a thought to the cause of this I have added all the order statues to be available, I can’t find the thread right now but I wonder if this may be a cause of the issue.

I tried the above to get the orders to show in cusomer acocunt on store view, however it throws an error when a customer click on thei orders.

Im on the latest version ffs, why is this software so hard to figure out?????

Magento Community
Magento Community

campsjos

Total Posts:  4

pableu - 13 March 2009 12:50 AM

Hello,

<new translate="label"
  <
label>New</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </new>
  <
    <
label>Pending</label>
    <
statuses>
      <
pending/>
      <
processing/>
      <
holded/>
      <
complete/>
      <
closed/>
      <
canceled/>
    </
statuses>
    <
visible_on_front/>
  </
pending>

Awesome! It works on 1.7.0.0 too but not exactly as the code you posted (few years ago :D).

Add this:

<pending translate="label">
    <
label>Pending</label>
    <
statuses>
        <
pending default="1"/>
     </
statuses>
     <
visible_on_front>1</visible_on_front>