Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout Update not working with handle sales_order_history

Nikonaut

Total Posts:  2

My layout update is not working when targeting sales_order_history in app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/sales.xml

Target :

app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/sales.xml line 74

<sales_order_history translate=\"label\">
        <
label>Customer My Account Order History</label>
        <
update handle=\"customer_account\"/>
        <
reference name=\"my.account.wrapper\">
            <
block type=\"sales/order_history\" name=\"sales.order.history\">
                <
block type=\"core/text_list\" name=\"sales.order.history.info\" as=\"info\" translate=\"label\">
                    <
label>Order History Info</label>
                </
block>
            </
block>
            <
block type=\"customer/account_dashboard\" name=\"customer.account.link.back\" template=\"customer/account/link/back.phtml\"/>
        </
reference>
    </
sales_order_history>

My custom layout update file :

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>

<layout>

<
sales_order_history>
        <
reference name=\"sales.order.history\">
            <
block type=\"core/template\" name=\"smashingmagazine_layout_footer\" template=\"smashingmagazine_layout/footer.phtml\" />
        </
reference>
    </
sales_order_history

</
layout>

The custom layout file is from a tutorial from Smashing Magazine. The only thing i change is the target handle and reference attribute name value.

If you want to try, you may download the whole module tgz [link] and change app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/sales.xml like i did above.

This is the original code, which worked :

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>

<layout>

<default>
        <
reference name=\"before_body_end\">
            <
block type=\"smashingmagazine_layout/footer\" name=\"smashingmagazine_layout_footer\" template=\"smashingmagazine_layout/footer.phtml\" />
        </
reference>
    </default>

</
layout>

I\’ve also tried with a few other handles… all of them works fine.

The only thing i can\’t update is sales_order_history and that\’s irritating because that\’s the page that i need to change something on.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community