Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box not working…

oldsteel68

Total Posts:  131

Sites been running for a while. Never had an issue, but USPS priority flat rate box is now, not working. It does not show up in the available methods for my customers. Any idea why?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oldsteel68

no one huh?

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldsteel68

still having this issue. Really need help please…

Magento Community
Magento Community

lunchboxcollective.com

Total Posts:  5

Having same problem. Priority Mail Flat rate box flat out doesn’t work.

Even if I set Container to Flat Rate Box and only select Priority Mail Flat Rate box in the shipping options I get the Shipping method not available error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gbear

Total Posts:  19

Took a look at this code, and instead of using rate codes it is using string matching.

The problem is the string in Magento is ‘Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box’, but the string being returned from USPS is ‘Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Boxes’ —so it skips this one.

For a quick fix grab this file:
/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps.php

Line 267 - I just hardcoded it:

if (in_array((string)$postage->MailService$allowedMethods) || 'Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Boxes' == (string)$postage->MailService {

This should be updated in the core code, next update will be overwritten.  And it should be rewritten to use the ID’s instead of the strings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

keithabt

Total Posts:  13

I have tried the method gbear suggested but still get nothing… anyone else? Is there other places that string needs to be replaced?
Using version 1.2.1
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community