Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to transfer orders from cloned Magento installation? 

Consumerist

Total Posts:  5

I have 2 Magento installations where Magento1 (live) is source and Magento2 (testing) is the clone of the first (same server, different directories).
While I was customizing Magento2 live version got new orders and I wanted to transfer them from Magento1 to Magento2.
I exported table sales_flat_order from Magento1 to Magento2 but got some error about foreign key and then tried to update this table with the original backed up version but also got error about foreign key.
Table values looks the same as before exporting/importing, but when I look in the Orders menu under Magento2 admin I see no orders.
What went wrong and is it possible to restore the orders in this cloned version of Magento2?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Hope this helps:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/279474/

Magento Community
Magento Community

williambest

Total Posts:  5

I once used the service which might be helpful for your case, however you will have to perform migration one more time. The service I want to recommend transfers all database automatically so your data will not be duplicated or lost somehow. Also no errors occurred in the process and my live store remained live. What I did was just registering an account, following step - by - step guide and automatically launching migration. One thing - its paid, however not expensive. What else - it has a service which can help you migrate only new items that appeared on your store after migration was complete. So again it will be useful in your case.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community