Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the display of my <h2 in product pages? 

PTPMedic

Total Posts:  7

I am trying to figure out how to optimize my page in any way I can for SEO. The one component that I was trying to alter is the “Features” heading on my product pages. such as here : http://www.peaktopeakpower.com/lpv-60-12

As you can see in the link above, there is the H1 which is my title “LPV-60-12 Mean Well LED Power Supply” and then h2 comes in as “Features” when I have key features of LPV-60-12 in bold below that.

What I am trying to do is to take “Features” and make this header automatically create “Specifications of -name of product-” instead of “Features”.

How would I change this and is there a script or code that I would need to put in to make the header pull “Specifications of value=name”?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

If I am following what you are trying to do In your catalog>product>view.phtml you could just add

<h2>Specifications of <?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_product->getName(), 'name'?></h2>

If you do not have that file in your theme copy it over from the base theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PTPMedic

TRMMarketing - 05 April 2013 10:06 AM

If I am following what you are trying to do In your catalog>product>view.phtml you could just add

<h2>Specifications of <?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_product->getName(), 'name'?></h2>

Where exactly would I put this as far as my lines though? And what do you recommend doing as far as taking a backup file of this file just in case something goes bad? I am rather new to coding, but I found the view.phtml file but I don’t want to edit it without knowing exactly where I should put it, or do I just copy and paste that whole line to the bottom?

Thanks for the reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PTPMedic

TRMMarketing - 05 April 2013 10:06 AM

Thanks for that, it worked, exactly what I needed to do, it was on Line 75 for me. but is generally around this area.

My only question is do google bots see this as the product name on the page? or do they see the script as in Key features for “get product name”?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community