Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PAYPAL ignoring merchant e-mail address. 

psuhmyprofile

Total Posts:  2

Hi there

I have acquired a site which is having issues with Paypal payments. I have very little knowledge of Magento so bear with me.

When something is bought through the site with the Paypal method an order is created and payment is received within Paypal. However in the Magento backend the order stays at pending.

So it all points to a paypal ipn issue. Well yes in a fashion. I a receiving this exception in the logs.

[exception] => Requested sales@hardware.co.uk and configured jso@othermail.co.uk merchant emails do not match.

[__pid] => 18623
)

So they don’t match which i understand, but what i don’t understand is where its getting the sales@hardware.co.uk or the other address from as my merchant address is set up to something completely different in Magento and is pointing to a Different PayPal account.

Anyone know why i would be having this issue?

Also can anyone point me to where else these e-mails could be set within magento?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

Hope this guide can help you.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/setting-up-paypal-for-your-magento-store/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community