Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

logo link on home page

ltatum

Total Posts:  12

How do you link the logo in the header back to the home page?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

buyaggressive

Total Posts:  22

You may want to go here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23939/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ltatum

Thanks for your help. When I make these changes in the phtml file and then the next time i have to upgrade magento, will i lose the changes i’ve made to the phtml file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

If you change the file at app/design/frontend/default/default]/template/page/html/header.phtml, you will loose the changes. Go check the magento design guide on how to create your own theme. You will have to edit the file and copy it to app/design/frontend/[your interface]/[your theme]/template/page/html/header.phtml or app/design/frontend/default/[your theme]/template/page/html/header.phtml. Then you need to apply your theme in the backend. Again, the design guide will have all the answers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ltatum

Got it! Thanks for the info…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community