Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
import categories, how ? 

Diogo Barioni Abdalla

Total Posts:  44

shilpashr - 15 May 2012 12:54 AM

Export is working fine. Import shows “saving..” and it does not proceed :( i changed the file permissions of all the files too. Please someone help me with this

I was having the same problem: is a javascript bug on FF (because “import” now is a reserved word). Use chrome or try the solution posted on page 4 of this thread (which is to chance the name of the variable, worked for me).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ikkyu

Total Posts:  1

Santhosh, thank you so much for your module.
It works fine in 1.7.0.0.

It was mentioned earlier in a different thread (if I remember correctly),
that the import doesn’t work if you have forward slashes in your category name.

I have several categories named like:
Dutch / Flemish
Greek / Roman

The paths then become something like:
Default Category/Books/Art General/Dutch / Flemish
Default Category/Books/Art General/Greek / Roman

The error message these paths generate when trying to import subcategories to them is:
“Path provided is not a valid one.”

Any suggestions how to enable to use categorynames with slashes in them as parent categories?

Magento Community
Magento Community

German Franco G

Total Posts:  5

StanPark - 19 March 2011 07:31 AM

StanPark - 19 March 2011 06:49 AM
After install on 1.4.2 I have it: Fatal error: Class ‘Santhosh_Core_Helper_Data’ not found in /var/www/***/data/www/***/app/Mage.php on line 520
((( How to fix it?

I fix it after change rules to 755 in /var/www/parker/data/www/matramark.ru/app/etc/modules/Santhosh_Core.xml

I’m gettin the same error and not way to roll back.
Changing the file permissions didn’t work. My admin panel is blank now…

Anny ideas?

Fatal error: Class ‘Santhosh_Core_Helper_Data’ not found in /home/carco/public_html/tienda/app/Mage.php on line 516

My front End looks intact but can’t get the admin to work at all !!!!.

My Mag Insttalation Ver: 1.6.2

Help in here Santosh!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

German Franco G

Total Posts:  5

German Franco G - 14 June 2012 12:28 PM

StanPark - 19 March 2011 07:31 AM
StanPark - 19 March 2011 06:49 AM
After install on 1.4.2 I have it: Fatal error: Class ‘Santhosh_Core_Helper_Data’ not found in /var/www/***/data/www/***/app/Mage.php on line 520
((( How to fix it?

I fix it after change rules to 755 in /var/www/parker/data/www/matramark.ru/app/etc/modules/Santhosh_Core.xml

I’m gettin the same error and not way to roll back.
Changing the file permissions didn’t work. My admin panel is blank now…

Anny ideas?

Fatal error: Class ‘Santhosh_Core_Helper_Data’ not found in /home/carco/public_html/tienda/app/Mage.php on line 516

My front End looks intact but can’t get the admin to work at all !!!!.

My Mag Insttalation Ver: 1.6.2

Help in here Santosh!!!

Ok guys, if anyone else get the same issue, my way to fix it was to delete the plugin files and clear manually the chache from the filesystem.

This cache is located in your installation root folder inside var/cache/ I had just to delete all the files inside. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

normanyclark

Total Posts:  28
India

I think it’s very simple for importing the categories. First go into the Admin area of your store. After sign in your admin area,go to inventory and check view categories. After that select option for add New category and click on import.You can find the CSV file on your local computer using the Browse button.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sergiy90

Total Posts:  20

You can perform the import through the uploading your csv to online service. It will move everything fast so, for me, it is the best way to import not only categories but products and other data. Try this service http://www.file2cart.com/ it can help

Magento Community
Magento Community

alin09ro

Total Posts:  1

Hi. I added the line $data[] = array (’field’ => ‘entity_id’, ‘label’ => ‘entity_id’); to the Category.php file and now it exports with category ID.

The problem is at importing. The parent categories import with the category ID but the child category gives the error “Path provided is not a valid one.”

the csv structure is:

“Name”,"Path”,"entity_id"
“Category1","Root Catalog”,"42" - import OK
“Category2","Root Catalog/Category1”,"118" - error “Path provided is not a valid one.”
“Category3","Root Catalog/Category1”,"119" - error “Path provided is not a valid one.”

Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tetta

Total Posts:  31
Belarus, Minsk

Hello! It seems, that Santhosh’s module works great. But it is not clear, did it works on ver.1.6.2.0?
And what should I do to install it? I’m new in magento, so I’ll happy to take some help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

raidod

Total Posts:  10

I can’t find my old post when I had the same question about categories - now I am using this:
Category and image importer MagMimo

hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Novayadi

Total Posts:  35
Indonesia | Bali

alin09ro - 05 September 2012 01:54 AM

Hi. I added the line $data[] = array (’field’ => ‘entity_id’, ‘label’ => ‘entity_id’); to the Category.php file and now it exports with category ID.

The problem is at importing. The parent categories import with the category ID but the child category gives the error “Path provided is not a valid one.”

the csv structure is:

“Name”,"Path”,"entity_id"
“Category1","Root Catalog”,"42" - import OK
“Category2","Root Catalog/Category1”,"118" - error “Path provided is not a valid one.”
“Category3","Root Catalog/Category1”,"119" - error “Path provided is not a valid one.”

Please help.

Remove “Root Catalog” from CSV, it’s work for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Novayadi

Total Posts:  35
Indonesia | Bali

tetta - 20 September 2012 06:21 AM

Hello! It seems, that Santhosh’s module works great. But it is not clear, did it works on ver.1.6.2.0?
And what should I do to install it? I’m new in magento, so I’ll happy to take some help smile

This module works in magento 1.8.1 ... i have tried

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hi,

You can have a look this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/39714/

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6