Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

import categories, how ? 

artistan

Total Posts:  12
Minnesota

machek - 14 July 2011 10:14 AM

hubhub - 24 October 2010 01:19 AM
Hello Santhosh,

Thank you for your great and very useful extension.

I’ve just installed it.
The exportation works perfectly.

But, the process of importation is stopped at the pop-up windows, once it has counted the number of rows and started the import profile execution (see attached file).

Thank you for your help.

Hub

getting the same thing. what could be wrong?

Magento ver. 1.4.1.0

This is due to a javascript bug in FireFox 4+ or IE, the javascript is using a reserved word.
Check your FireBug console to find it and update the word in his scripts.
Cannot remember the exact word, but it only takes a minute to find it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

machek

Total Posts:  6

here’s a firebug capture. which word should i update and on which file?

p.s. work fine on Google Chrome

thanks

Image Attachments
firebug.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

machek

changed the below lines from import to importsanthosh

\magento\app\code\local\Santhosh\Import\Block\Adminhtml\Import.php

line64            var importsanthosh "async";
                        if (!
data{

if (importData.length == 0) return;

data importData.shift();
line73            importsanthosh "sync";

}

line
104           if (importsanthosh == "sync"{
--------------------------

and it imported fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gregbron

Total Posts:  18

Here you’ll find the required extension category tree exporter / importer:

magento category tree exporter / importer, developed by software-smart-solutions.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

opacons

Total Posts:  15

I’m trying to get this extension working with 1.6. The export seems to work fine, but when I import the csv file, as exported, I get the error “Path provided is not a valid one.” for each category.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

machek

anyone know how i get this working with Magento 1.2.1.2, installed it but it\’s not appearing in admin.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Den Markin

Total Posts:  15
Taganrog, Russia

opacons - 29 September 2011 10:01 PM

I’m trying to get this extension working with 1.6. The export seems to work fine, but when I import the csv file, as exported, I get the error “Path provided is not a valid one.” for each category.

Any ideas?

Your root category should be active and has the same name as in source store. This extension uses path traversing by category name matching, so if it doesn’t find parent category by name, it fails.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vonsharkel

Can someone please help me.
cache is flushed, searched everywhere in the forums...not an answer to be found.

tring to import categories
script finds 214 rows and repeats the message below for 214 times…

Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load
Loaded successfully: “C:\wamp\www\magento\var\import/Categories.csv”.
Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
Found 214 rows.
Starting catalog/convert_adapter_category :: parse

<br /> <font size=’1’><table class=’xdebug-error’ dir=’ltr’ border=’1’ cellspacing=’0’ cellpadding=’1’> <tr><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#f57900’ colspan="5"><span style=’background-color: #cc0000; color: #fce94f; font-size: x-large;’>( ! )</span> Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mycomp_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Category::getStoreById() in C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\local\Mycomp\catalog\Model\Convert\adapter\Category.php on line <i>43</i></th></tr> <tr><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#e9b96e’ colspan=’5’>Call Stack</th></tr> <tr><th align=’center’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>#</th><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Time</th><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Memory</th><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Function</th><th align=’left’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Location</th></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>1</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.0003</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>691568</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>{main}( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\index.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\index.php<b>:</b>0</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>2</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.0035</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>1168088</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage::run( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\index.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\index.php<b>:</b>80</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>3</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.0121</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>2776320</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage_Core_Model_App->run( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\Mage.php<b>:</b>640</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>4</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.5481</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>14395760</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\App.php<b>:</b>349</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>5</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.5540</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>14917680</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\Front.php<b>:</b>176</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>6</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.5608</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>15673552</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Standard.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\Standard.php<b>:</b>250</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>7</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.7280</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>20617888</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController->batchRunAction( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\Action.php<b>:</b>420</td></tr> <tr><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>8</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’center’>0.7392</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’ align=’right’>21385608</td><td bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>Mycomp_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Category->saveRow( )</td><td title=’C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Adminhtml\controllers\System\Convert\ProfileController.php’ bgcolor=’#eeeeec’>..\ProfileController.php<b>:</b>250</td></tr> </table></font>

Magento Community
Magento Community

riffrömer

Total Posts:  27

machek - 15 July 2011 01:35 AM

changed the below lines from import to importsanthosh

\magento\app\code\local\Santhosh\Import\Block\Adminhtml\Import.php

line64            var importsanthosh "async";
                        if (!
data{

if (importData.length == 0) return;

data importData.shift();
line73            importsanthosh "sync";

}

line
104           if (importsanthosh == "sync"{
--------------------------

and it imported fine.

@ Santhosh,
thank you, thank you for your great job and very useful extension.

@ machek,
thanks 2, works after change source (4me first line = 69)

Work’s 4me:  Ubuntu / Apache 2 / Zend Server CE 5.5 / Php 5.2x / Magento 1.6.1.0
Change my CSV importfile, over 100 new cat’s in 3 min.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

olllle

Total Posts:  41

Does anybody know how to import categories CMS pages together with META data and descriptions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

olllle

Total Posts:  41

Does anybody know how to import categories together with META data and descriptions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

merrywilson

Total Posts:  1

Hii ,

I would like to thank you for great effort. I successfully imported the categories upto 5 th level on the local computer (Fifth level category need image and description). all works fine on the local. but when i import this database to server then admin works fine and displays all the categories but frontend shows blank, i searched everywhere but not found the ans. Tyhen i tried to direct import the categories to the server , and it skips some categories and then result is same

I also tried the reindexing and cache cleaning but all is resultless.

Both displays the Magentofront page without menu, or any block, totally blank. PLz help if possible

Image Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 09 17.22.jpgScreenHunter_02 Feb. 09 17.23.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

rainmakercommerce

Total Posts:  16

Thanks a million Santosh. Big time saver. Once I fixed the Javascript issue noted above, it worked like a champ with 1.6.2.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea_Magento

Total Posts:  23

Santhosh, many thanks to you and to all for the nice job!
Does the import work with ID’S on 1.6.2.0 ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maddis

Total Posts:  13

Hi there,

the skript seems to be just working for a small amount of data in the CSV files.
I tried to work with it and smaller files (up to 100) seem to work fine, but if I want to import a larger amount it seems to work at first (importer said everything is successfull), but after the import I can’t open the category administration anymore. I get an error 500 and it’s just fixable by importing my SQL-backup to the database.

I would appreciate if any one could help me with that.

Thanks,
Mathis

PS: I use 1.4.2 at the moment

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community