Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

decimal Quantity

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi all and thank you for the help.

I want to set a product wich is sold by weight, for example, chocolates. I set 1,000 as weight and accept decimals. But when I put 0.25 in the qty field it shows 1 and does not change the price.

Is it a bug or something I am doing wrong? I need the customers could select a weight minor than 1 kg. (or 1 pound).

Thank you
Andrea

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttwobears

Total Posts:  5

I am having a similar problem with selling fabric by the yard - I am hoping the magento community can help me out - or at least suggest where I could find the code I need to alter.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Total Posts:  106

I also will be selling fabric and want to have the option to sell 1/3 or 1/2 or 3/4 yards, etc. Is there a way this can be done?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttwobears

Solution - part of the problem was I didn’t want my website to keep track of my inventory for me - so I disabled my inventory.  If when you are adding your product click on the inventory tab.  Make sure inventory in enabled for that product -> some more choices should open up - one of those choices will be “decimal Product” or something like it.  Select that box.  now customers can enter in .5 for half a yard of your product.  You just need to let them know that “this product is sold by the yard” somewhere

Hope this helps you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Thanks Robert, I was aware of the decimal quantity option, but it can create some confusion for customers. It might be the best solution for now though. Additionally, we do not manage our stock, so having to turn that on presents another issue in our situation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttwobears

This created a problem for us too, for now we are just allowing sales of out of stock items so we don’t have to worry about it.  Then suppressing the outgoing email.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rod_C

Total Posts:  33

Hi there guys,

I’m just wondering how you enable decimal quantities.

It obviously isn’t enabled my default because it gives the error of “The minimum quantity allowed for purchase is 1.”

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Rod

Magento Community
Magento Community

elitriona

Rod, go into the admin and then CATALOG > MANAGE PRODUCTS
Edit any product.
Click INVENTORY from the left menu.
MANAGE STOCK needs to be set to YES, which will then show you additional options including using decimal quantities.

Magento Community
Magento Community

drdouglasghd

Total Posts:  6

I know this is an old thread… but I was looking for the answer to this as well. I am using 1.7, and the options are the same.

A work around is the mass update from the Manage Product grid. You can set the decimal qty from that, and you don’t have to allow manage stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community