Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin times out

kona

Total Posts:  10

Okay so I installed the website using the IP instead of the domain. Everything worked fine. The IP server then changed so at the same time I started using the domain. So I went into the database tables and mass replaced all ip addresses with the full domain name. Also removed all files under /var to refresh that. Didn’t need to change local.xml because the database details are still the same.

The frontend works fine, the login area works fine for customers. But index.php/admin/ just won’t load properly. After about 3 mins it eventually brings up the login screen, but it doesn’t appear to have any stylesheet, and when I attempt to login from there it just times out.

What’s going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kona

I installed magento again into a subfolder, then went back to the original installation and told it to use the fresh new database. Problem gone. Unfortunately once I was logged in this gave new errors, unsurprisingly. But at least I know the admin hanging has something to do with the database, not the files themselves.

Guess I’ll just have to slowly go through all 14,000 lines of the mysql file.

Any ideas appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kona

Nevermind, I’ve now fixed it. The problem was the new sql file not importing properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community