Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Single Sign On Feature between stores available? 

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi all,

This is a great product. I first off want to thank the development and creative team for collaborating and teaming up to build something so useful.

I’m thinking through an object we have, which is to create two stores inside of one website. We want to allow for a wholesale store and a retail store. We want the registered users in the wholesale store to be able to log in only once via a Single Sign On feature into both stores. Before we dig into any customization/development, has anyone tried to tackle this objective before?

I look forward to hearing all thoughts given.

Thanks…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Customer accounts, sessions, shopping carts are shared between all Store views of same Website, so if I understand your question correctly, the desired functionality is supported.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Thanks for your reply Moshe, though I also had another question in regards to the built-in SSO functionality. What if we only wanted the Wholesale customers to be able to also log into the Retail store, but not vice versa (disabling the Retail customers from having access to the Wholesale store)?

Thus, the SSO functionality would only operate one-way. My guess is this might need some customization work? From your knowledge, is this true?

Another option, though, might be to possibly set user classes to only allow specified permission roles.  - (i.e. a “retail user” might have access only to “retail prices” as to where a “wholesale user” may have access to all prices. )

Thanks again…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Yes, this would be a customization to disallow login while on specific store based on custom condition.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community