Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Byethost Cpanel Installations with PHP5.2.5 error

ivtang

Total Posts:  3

hi,
I am using Byethost Cpanel with the latest Magento Beta 0.7.15480. Byethost is using PHP 5.2.5(informations as attached). I have search thru all the forum related to external hosting or related to all the PHP 5.2.5 issue and have applied them, such as modifying the .htacess, replacing config.php etc. It seems it still doesn’t help where i have the errors below:

(A) Error screen and warning, error message
(i) warning message:

Warningglob() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 93
[0] in glob
("/home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/etc/modules/*.xml"in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 93
[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Config
->init(NULLin /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 135
[2] in Mage_Core_Model_App
->init("base"NULLin /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php on line 390
[3] in Mage
::app("base"NULLin /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php on line 410
[4] in Mage
::run("base"in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/index.php on line 29

Warning
set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20
[0] in set_time_limit
(120in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 20
[1] in 
include("/home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/contr"in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 124
[2] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard
->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 166
[3] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front
->dispatch() in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/app/Mage.php on line 411
[4] in Mage
::run("base"in /home/vol4/byethost17.com/b17_369395/vs.iblogger.org/htdocs/magento/index.php on line 29

(ii) Error message after a few question answered in the initial setup:

PHP Extension "curl" must be loaded

(B) Below is my .htaccess in the magento directory:

############################################
## uncomment these lines for CGI mode

#Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-cgi 
#AddHandler php5-cgi .php

DirectoryIndex index.php

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
    php_flag short_open_tag on
</IfModule>

<
IfModule mod_ssl.c>

SSLOptions StdEnvVars
</IfModule>

<
IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

Options +FollowSymLinks 
    RewriteEngine on

## you can put here your magento root folder path relative to web root

RewriteBase /magento/

#RewriteBase /

## always send 404 on missing files in these folders

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(media|skin|js)/

## never rewrite for existing files, directories and links

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond 
%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

############################################
## rewrite everything else to index.php

RewriteRule .* index.php

</IfModule>

Order allow,deny
Allow from all

Could anyone kindly give me some advice or help as I’m really stuck in the setup?

Thank you very much for all your comments! Really Appreciate!

Image Attachments
InstallationError.JPG
File Attachments
ByethostPHPInfo.htm  (File Size: 52KB - Downloads: 77)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi,

I tried it too in Byethost and faced the same error with glob() function. Raised a ticket with them and requesting them to enable it for me. But I got the following respose -

“We are sorry it is not possible to enable this function in individual accounts.
Please consider upgrading to a premium account or commending out the glob function in your scripts,
The premium hosting service which includes a free domain name and has all socket functions enabled and glob functions, if you are interested in upgrading and benefiting from hundreds of extra features, please look at the url below:
blah blah blah!!”

Then I promptly moved on to X10Hosting (which is again a free host without ads) where the installation went on smooth.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivtang

hi SriniGenie!
Thank you so much for the tips! I wanted to try out Magento so much and was stuck very long at Byethost! thank you for the tips! I will move on to try at X10Hosting! Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

or you could just pay for decent hosting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivtang

Hi IblastOff!
Thanks for your recommendations! smile I’ll surely consider that!:) thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community