Magento Forum

No merchant account checkout…

operapixie

Total Posts:  38

Hi there,
I have a client who currently has an OS Commerce website and we’re switching him to Magento. Everything is mostly good to go, except that the checkout system isn’t exactly what he wants, and I’m having difficulty figuring out if Magento can do this without plugins, or if I need a plugin (and if so, which one).

He wants to keep things as they currently are which is:

He receives an email with the middle 8 numbers of the credit card (and the order details), and then he logs in to the administration area of the site and gets the first 4 and last 4 numbers. From there he manually enters the information into an app he has on his phone and processes the orders that way.

Obviously this isn’t a very high-volume site or this way of doing it wouldn’t be at all practical for him. But this is how he wants it.

Help?

Thanks in advance.

~Laura

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

What your client is asking for is the ability to cheat his credit card processor into a lower rate of a card present transaction while opening all customers who purchase from his website into greater potential to be victims of credit card fraud. You should move him to another more secure method. There are plenty of options available for merchants wanting to save a couple dollars, look into Paypal, Stripe or 2checkout. None of these methods require PCI compliance or a merchant account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

operapixie

Total Posts:  38

While I appreciate the idea of switching him to something different, this client wants things to remain as they are as far as the processing goes. It is not my place to do anything beyond already suggesting something else since it’s not my business. He wants this aspect of checkout to remain as is. So I need to find a way to make that happen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lamfire

Total Posts:  2

I want to do the same thing. I have a merchant account for my counter people and I would like to hand punch in the E-com. orders to the same account. There must be a way to capture the information and send it to us.

Allen

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community