Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paste code in to the Head section of a page - for A/B testing

kahunacreations

Total Posts:  3

I’m trying to set up a Google experiment, and I am required to paste Google’s tracking code into the <head></head> section of my pages.  After searching for way too long, I haven’t been able to figure out how to access this part of my CMS pages.  It looks like all the code in the content sections start after the Heading section, and I haven’t been able to locate CMS pages through the ftp.

That would be beautiful if any of you have any light you can shed on this.

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bubbaboosh

Total Posts:  12

Hi there,

Try this location : app\design\frontend\YOURTEMPLATE\default\template\page\html\head.phtml keep in mind this is a core page and you should only modify if you wont need to upgrade Magento later or else it will override your changes.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kahunacreations

Total Posts:  3

@thanhv83 I’m already set up with Google Analytics on my site.  I’m looking to start A/B testing with Google though.

@bubbaboosh If I’m not mistaken this would enable me to edit the header template, so I would be editing every <head> on my website.  I need to edit the page headers separately, so I don’t believe this would work.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community