Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Product - Simple products have Custom Options. Need to get the Custom Option SKU only

CKD Productions

Total Posts:  4

Hopefully I can explain this correctly.

I have a configurable product, let’s call the sku “Product”

The configurable product has multiple simple products, let’s call them “Product-Blue”, “Product-Red”, “Product-Green”

Each simple product has Custom Options for size, with each have a custom sku, let’s say - Small is 1111, Medium is 2222, and Large is 3333.

When I add a product to the cart, I want the actual sku referenced to be the final sku of the Custom Option, i.e. 2222. But, the sku being added to the cart is actually a combination of the simple product and its option, so “Product-Red-2222”. Is there a way to get rid of the simple product’s sku prefix, so the sku is just 2222?

Just to explain briefly, the size didn’t have to be broken out as configurable products, only color, because the actual item is the same for all sizes. It’s just a quick customization on the vendors part to get it to a certain size. It has no bearing on inventory.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hockeyplya

Total Posts:  1

I am having the same problem would also like to know this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomMedia

Total Posts:  1

You can create a simple product with custom SKU that will be linked to your configurable product. But you can not create 2 products with the same SKU (2222).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community