Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Site stops working when using flat products

nuclearzoo

Total Posts:  7

Hi all

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. My magento store was running fine but in a bid to speed up the store I turned on flat products and categories and reindexed all the tables. After reindexing, the homepage is fine, as are the category pages, however when I go to the product pages they are completely blank save for the header section of the site and the product name.

I have turned on error logging and see the following in my exception file

2013-04-03T19:22:38+00:00 ERR (3): 
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: Mage_Advertise_Importer_Block_Registration' in /home//domains//public_html/app/Mage.php:595
Stack trace:
#0 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(495): Mage::throwException('Invalid block t...')
#1 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->_getBlockInstance('Advertise_Impor...', Array)
#2 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(472): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->createBlock('Advertise_Impor...', 'registration')
#3 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(239): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->addBlock('Advertise_Impor...', 'registration')
#4 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/a98f181a3dc22489d2af4466edf817fa.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_LayoutOverriddenClass->generateBlocks()
#7 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(269): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(275): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(NULL, true, true)
#9 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(95): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout()
#10 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(419): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction()
#11 /home//domains//public_html/var/cache/ew/files/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard/088bf81233af8a733a03eb4d9a3bcae0.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#12 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_StandardOverriddenClass->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home//domains//public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home//domains//public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home//domains//public_html/index.php(90): Mage::run('', 'store')
#16 {main}

turning off flat products and categories fixes the problem but I am left with a slow site. I have 370,000 products so need the site to go fast.

Any pointers would be most welcome, please.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community