Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Module to Static Blocks

dchiniuk

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I am new to magento so sorry if this question has been asked before. Just that i haven’t found it.

How can I add modules to static blocks. i.e My Cart module to a static block, or newsletter subscription?

Also why I am asking a question. Is there a way that i could have different static blocks above and below product listings.
For example I might have some promotional text above the products and then a banner advertising a related product below the list of products?

By a Newbie to Magento grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

View 6 Com

Total Posts:  83
Brighton Sussex UK

Hi dchiniuk

You cannot add “my cart” to a static block - a static block is just that, a block you can put static (say html or image paths) content into

Re the above and below, this would require some tweaking off your theme / store code as it not something out of the box you can do.

hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

You might find this thread of use, think this is pretty well covered in the main forum.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17933/

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community