Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create a ink from a product page to a CMS page? 

mcSherpa

Total Posts:  33
Groningen

Warning! The original message was posted as a result of a complete black-out. See update at the end.

“On a CMS page, I can link to another CMS page by inserting <a href="{{store url=’another-page’}}">Another Page</a>.
However, if I do this on a product page—in the description or any other attribute—the link does not work. It is not displayed properly in the status bar either.
I have “Allow HTML tags in front-end” turned on. The HTML tags are executed as expected, but the double-braced Magento tags are not accepted. So, how do I link from a product attribute text area to an FAQ page, a user’s manual or any other CMS page that is shared by several products?
Anybody any idea? Thanks in advance.”

UPDATE
In case you got the same black-out I had, you create a link to another page using the normal <a href> tag wiith a relative URL (rewrite). E.g. <a href="../productX/details">Read more</a>.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lafeber

Total Posts:  5

It wasn’t a blackout, the relative urls don’t work when products can be accessed though different urls. For example:

index.php/women/skirts/jersey-skirt-5.html
and index.php/jersey-skirt-5.html

in the product description,

href="../
won’t work

The only way to make this work is to use

href="/index.php/
? Too bad… i like the {{store url="..."}} paths.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community