Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Simple Question--Line Feeds in descriptions

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

HTML tags do not work, how do I clean up my descriptions so I can have linefeeds where I want them, paragraphs etc.  Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seoguy

Total Posts:  46

Hi,

Sure they do.  I put <b></b> <p></p> etc in mine.

May be a cache issue; Also make sure you are editing from the actual store view.  In back end, upper left make sure it says the store name rather than default if you have already placed the product in the store. If you have not named it yet, it will be English Store.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

seoguy - 11 February 2008 02:08 PM

Hi,

Sure they do.  I put <b></b> <p></p> etc in mine.

May be a cache issue; Also make sure you are editing from the actual store view.  In back end, upper left make sure it says the store name rather than default if you have already placed the product in the store. If you have not named it yet, it will be English Store.

Chris

ROTFL I just learend about this ovesight yesterday! well I THOUGHT I learned.  Ok maybe I got it this time! Yup they sure do work when you are in your store.  Evetually that will sink in.  I wish you could tell it to forget that default jazz, that you only have one store! Then bird brains like moi woudln’t keep doing this.  Chuckle.  Thanks. another problem solved.  grin and another blonde moment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Look at it this way AnnaM

You are building a back up store wink not a bad Idea I see in the
YOUR_THEME/ETC//CONFIG.XML has a fall back theme

The clinical definition for insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Regards Bill http://www.euphorish.com

Oh and thanks for buying that book thru My site Much appreciated its a hard existence in the Blogging world

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Bill007 - 12 February 2008 12:56 AM

Look at it this way AnnaM

You are building a back up store wink not a bad Idea I see in the
YOUR_THEME/ETC//CONFIG.XML has a fall back theme

The clinical definition for insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Regards Bill http://www.euphorish.com

Oh and thanks for buying that book thru My site Much appreciated its a hard existence in the Blogging world

Hi Bill, yes I think its starting to sink in. Though I will no doubt make the smae mistake again and post a question here, why the heck is it doing such and such. Chuckle.  Yup the book arrives today.  With some help from a fellow here who I think wants to remain anon so won’t say who, I have learend how to create a class and display my own php random cooking tips script on the right col callout or whatever its called.  replaced that Back To school special with it.

Have a look, http://www.epicurecookware.com, refresh, or any page, new tip.  I still need to add a bunch more.  So I am a CSS guru now. LOL
But learning how to do it, I think opened my eyes to a beginning lesson. Created a class for it in boxes.css then gave the characteristics of it , bg color etc.  Getting there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NueBe

Total Posts:  65
Tres Cantos - Madrid - Spain

The description is added to database like plain text. You need formating it. You can type and edit in a html editor, and then copy the code and paste into text input

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community