Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import All Products CSV -

Drillbit

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

having a small problem with the Import All Products via csv profile. I have done as suggested across the forums and done an Export All Products to get the example csv file, then populated it with some test products and it is all working fine.

The problem is that I would also like it to import a couple of other attributes (namely Color and Manufacturer) which do not appear as columns in the downloaded csv file.

I have tried just adding the columns into the csv file, even trying it with variations of case on the column header (e.g. color, Color) as well as anglicizing the spelling (eg color = colour) but no matter my attempts, the import seems to ignore this field completely. But if I create a custom attribute (such as ‘location’) and add that as a field in the csv file, it imports it perfectly. SO I wonder, as color is a pre-existing attribute in the Magento system, does it have another name by which I can reference it in the csv file?

Any help is much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Drillbit

Total Posts:  13

Sorted it.  Took to digging around a bit more and realised that I needed to predefine the options for the attribute. Once I did this it has started importing the data correctly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community