Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where are the functions defined in Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request? 

quanza

Total Posts:  97
Tokyo, Japan

Hi, I’m trying to create a shipping module and am having trouble understanding what is going on in the following code from /core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl.php:

public function setRequest(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request $request)

{
        $this
->_request $request;

$r = new Varien_Object();

$r->setStoreId($request->getStoreId());

if (
$request->getLimitMethod()) {
            $r
->setService($request->getLimitMethod());

}

if ($request->getDhlId()) {
            $id 
$request->getDhlId();

else {
            $id 
$this->getConfigData('id');

}
        $r
->setId($id);

In particular, I’m trying to understand what functions are available to me through the $request variable. You’ll notice there are a bunch of DHL specific functions being called off $request.  How is this possible?  The Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request class I have in my code-base has no reference to any of these functions.

If I’m building my own shipping module, how do I access specific settings defined for that module in the Admin (and where are these functions defined?).

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community