Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lost connection to MySQL server

MKI-Miro

Total Posts:  24

Hi

when i am installing magento i have this error when i fill mysql db, name and password

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘reading initial communication packet’, system error: 111

whats wrong ?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Erix

Total Posts:  113

I ‘ve solved this problem by connecting me directly on the server where I installed Magento, and by make the installation since this one. You can also choose to open Mysql port on on server’s firewall. That will go too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MKI-Miro

Total Posts:  24

sorry i dont understand

other cms, joomla for exmaple, connected to db sucessfull

whats wrong ? hmm
using magento 1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

Noisy Shaun

Total Posts:  20

Hi all,
I have been experiencing this error along with other unusual errors recently.
I have had Magento installed on my server for approximately 8-9 months now and haven’t seen these errors until now.

I have just had:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at ‘reading initial communication packet’, system error: 111
(see attached screenshot of this error)
This happened when simply clicking on a category in my front end menu.

Also recently on my friend’s Windows Vista Machine, using firefox I received the following error from my shop:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can’t create/write to file ‘C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_1104_0.MYI’ (Errcode: 17)

With this error I dont have a clue, it makes no sense as it appears to be referring to a local file on the pc?
When I then loaded up the shop on my mac, I also saw the exact same error (and it was still referring to “‘C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\...” !!!!)

Has anyone come across any of this type of error before?

Thanks in advance guys.

- Shaun

Image Attachments
Snapshot 2009-10-18 18-06-18.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

furqan

Total Posts:  12

I am also facing the problem with magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Samuurai

Total Posts:  3

I battled with this for a few hours. This was my strategy to fix it.

I made a php script which connected to the MySQL server using basic PHP commands. It turned out that it worked perfectly, so I knew it wasn’t a connectivity issue.

I then checked the local.xml again and again - it was definitely set up correctly.

The cause in the end was the cache. clear var/cache and try again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlexandreMF

Total Posts:  9
Brasil

I tried to clear var/cache and still getting the error. I tried to clear var/locks either, as suggested in another site, and I’m still getting this error.
I check three or four times app/etc/local.xml file and everything is ok there.

Looks like each time have one reason.

I’m about to drop magento and install it again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nocabt

Total Posts:  9

This is an old thread I know but if anyone has this issue, I had this error on a Magento 1.4 site, and it was caused by a backup local.xml file that Magento was using instead of the correct one.  It was named local_copy.xml but Magento was still reading it!  I have no idea why, but I removed the backup file and the site started working.  I found this hint here:

http://webshop-magento.de/magento-webshop/sqlstatehy000-2013-lost-connection-to-mysql-server/

Magento Community
Magento Community

vritika

Total Posts:  5

check your /app/etc/local.xml file find <host></host><username></username> etc.. and change it according to your hostname, username , password. Fo me this was the solution.  Hope it will work for you as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

This issue should be investigated deeper and it is difficult to help you only with the piece of advise, so we advise you to contact and describe the issue. We will help you with pleasure.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community