Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout updates

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Can any block have a layout update?

I am trying to do something like this for the Options block:

<catalog_product_view_options>
        <
block type="catalog/product_view_description" name="product.description2" as="description2" template="catalog/product/view/description.phtml"/>
    </
catalog_product_view_options>

When I do this though, the child is not added to the Option block. Is there a config somewhere that determines which items check for layout updates?

Basically want to do what the “Product View” block does in the catalog.xml to the Option block.

<catalog_product_view></catalog_product_view>

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks guys!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

subesh

Total Posts:  145

Is this the new layout you have added...I could not find this in my...... v.1.1.7

Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

I’m on 1.2, not sure about 1.1.7. Pretty sure this isn’t new, this is the “Custom Options Block” used for things like pick a color, pick a size for pants. Any custom options needed to complete a purchase. This only appears if you add custom options to a product.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community