Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install Issues I have tried everything……….. Can Someone help me please

Morgisto

Total Posts:  1

Please could someone help me. I have tried all the explanations on forum here to install Magento on a hosted server. I can install it via the Cpanel using the hosts install but it then creates a database for me. When i go to phpmyadmin and copy over the sample data i cannot see any of the products. On the other hand the cpanel install does not allow me to create my own database. How can i get the sample data into my install. I am sorry for the question but i am from a wordpress environment and prolly have a lot to learn about Magento.

Although i have tried all the explanation in the forum i dont seem to get Magento to show the sample data. Is ther any one specific user guide that would be plain and straight forward.

Thanking all for the help in advance

Regards

Morgisto

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community