That’s a strange one - It\’s changing the time to GMT/UTC time.
I found this that might help, from another thread:
BigCityShelts - 12 November 2009 11:19 AM
I spent hours with this problem. I found a number of solutions in the forums, none of which worked for me. Eventually, this was the process I used to solve the issue. I searched for occurrences of \’UTC\’, Magento\’s default timezone:
grep -R \'UTC\' .
from the app/ directory. I found a line in Mage.php that was causing it:
and changed it to my appropriate timezone.
All the fancy structure in Locale.php, the backend option, and this one line was overriding it all! Took me hours to find but it solved the problem.