Magento Forum

Internal Popup using JQuery - Referencing blocks

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

Quick rundown:

I am working inside: (Option Select template)

Location: app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/options/type/select.phtml

Question: How can I use something like:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('size_chart'?>

and define size_chart in a layout xml.

I basically want to create a size chart internal popup, and want to store the code for the chart outside the select.phtml file.

I am still having trouble wrapping my head around blocks and the xml. I don’t understand the creation process and which layout xml is being used in which module.

The drop down option says it is using the catalog.xml but I can’t reference any blocks from select.phtml.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

I’m loving Magento! Thanks to the creators!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Locker Rushing

Total Posts:  19

The thing is there is no reference to the Select block in catalog.xml. It is being added with:

<action method="addOptionRenderer"><type>select</type><block>catalog/product_view_options_type_select</block><template>catalog/product/view/options/type/select.phtml</template></action>

How do I reference this block? When I debug from inside the template file the reference is: “Anonymous 57”.

Also, why are these blocks not declared like the rest of the blocks? Why are they being passed off to this helper method: addOptionRenderer

<block type="catalog/product_view" name="product.info.options.wrapper" as="product_options_wrapper" template="catalog/product/view/options/wrapper.phtml">
    <
block type="catalog/product_view_options" name="product.info.options" as="product_options" template="catalog/product/view/options.phtml">
        <
action method="addOptionRenderer"><type>text</type><block>catalog/product_view_options_type_text</block><template>catalog/product/view/options/type/text.phtml</template></action>
        <
action method="addOptionRenderer"><type>file</type><block>catalog/product_view_options_type_file</block><template>catalog/product/view/options/type/file.phtml</template></action>
        <
action method="addOptionRenderer"><type>select</type><block>catalog/product_view_options_type_select</block><template>catalog/product/view/options/type/select.phtml</template></action>
        <
action method="addOptionRenderer"><type>date</type><block>catalog/product_view_options_type_date</block><template>catalog/product/view/options/type/date.phtml</template></action>
    </
block>
</
block>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community