Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Search Option on Custom Options

loneregister

Total Posts:  11

when I input SKU’s for custom options, the magento search does not return results if I search for those SKU #’s.  How would I go about setting up magento to do that?

Thank you,
Kevin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

I would advise you to try Advanced Search. It replaces standard Magento search as it uses Sphinx, an external search engine.

It searches through the catalog as well as blog posts. There’s ability for you to define the higher weight for different attributes e.g. SKU, name, description.

You can find the complete information about Advanced Search and comparison table of those two extensions you can find on the product page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/advanced-search.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Use the following search module for Magento that offers the required functionality, you can create custom search filters based on different product attributes

Magento Search Extension

View DEMO

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

For reference, unfortunately the last two posts did not read the question properly, as usual. This is not built in to Magento, you cannot by default search by custom option sku or by configurble/bundle/grouped attributes. We use a third party solution to perform these child value searches which is compatible with internal Magento and Solr search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Solution

Total Posts:  179

Although not the perfect solution, the way I got around this for now, is to use Magento layered navigation to improve searching by products options (prices, colors, sizes, categories, brands …. ).Our extensions will help your customers search desiring products easily and quickly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community